Posted by: Shreyasi Ghosh in

We have a small party of college buddies this Friday at either 1>Sanjha Chulha or 2>some place in Park Street.
And I've just realised that I'm a complete freaking broke.I can't even afford to buy myself a bus ticket to Gariahat,forget about paying for a whole lunch at either of the aforementioned places.(maybe I'll peck at other people's plates)
So that means,I'm left with just one option: Borrow next month's pocket money.
So this,inevitably means by mid-February I'm again going to be a total broke.And in March I won't be getting any pocket money owing to my screwed-up semester results and would've to scrounge real hard for survival.It's not tough.I mean,there're many people out there in the world who practically live off scrounging throughout their entire lives.And this is only for a month for me(actually two,if I consider that my 4th semester will start end of April).So,I guess I'll pull through.Let's see.

Last Sunday,we all met at Gaurav's place for a semi cookout.We ordered Chicken Biriyani from Banzara.Then,early in the morning of the D-Day,Gaurav woke up only to have this stellar realisation that we'd be needing three more packets but were in no position to ask for more,considering the fact that we had already badgered the man at the counter to no end.So,Debtanu,Alaka and I cooked up a brilliant story(involving me not knowing Debtanu and Alaka and ordering three more packets) and somehow the job was done.
So we reached Gaurav's place and Anuradha and Alaka started preparing raita .I found this amazing,adorable cosy little room with loads of cushions and spend 30 minutes talking to Chitrak discussing philosophy,by the end of which it was clear that I know nothing of philosophy.So I thought of better things to do,found a box of Ferrero Rocher and started eating.Then helped the girls in preparing the raita and corn salad. while Amrita kept a lookout lest anybody stole the food.Then the whole house rocked to the sound of Led Zeppelin(Me and Sarbo fought over Immigrant Song and Kashmir),Pink Floyd(Shine on You Crazy Diamond was the public demand),RHCP(I practically made people listen to Snow and Can't Stop before they admitted that it's really good),ACDC(..Back in Black....) and the likes!
I fell asleep around 6 on Gaurav's couch while people were knocked out on the sofa after having too much food.(I guess that's why I fell asleep)The room was completely dark,with the pale streetlight streaking in through the curtains occassionally,Roger Waters was singing Comfortably Numb.I slept for like 1.5 hour,completely spreadeagled on the couch and almost fell off it.And after sometime,I guess everyone had fallen asleep(what a rocking party indeed!!! ....:D :D)
While returning home,I saw a Bengali wedding being held at a ceremonial house where the decorative sign at the door read : SHYAMAL WEDS SUMAN. Now that had me pondering for about two minutes(I was stuck in traffic jam).I mean,I know liberality issues and everything,but this is South Calcutta for heaven's sake.And you don't expect it from a Bengali family set up here.And all my doubts were cleared up when I noticed the 'I' hidden behind a gigantic banana leaf.
And we call ourselves the 'fasttrack generation' when the entire group took something around 2 hours 45 minutes to decide where'd we go for a picnic.I started off by suggesting Nicco Park,but the others poohpoohed the suggestion.Except Vishal who said he doesn't have a problem(I later found out that he was joking,because he thought I was joking).The various suggestions came flying like Digha,Sunderban,Shantiniketan.I had to put my foot down,as I won't simply be allowed a nightout.So, I threatened Raja that I'd call on his landline and all hell will break lose there!Not very nice of me!The guys were having a tough time.Happens when you've just one girl in the group and you've to reconstruct and reschedule everything to suit her convenience.Not that,I was haggling for extra privileges.Never.But there're certain rules that I've to stick to as well. And I just didn't want to be left alone.
So finally,after lots of discussions,phonecalls,threats,verbal abuses,mock-threats to kill me as I was being a spoilsport :D,ridiculous insane banter,we decided upon a lunch.Followed by adda at Aveek's place.And,if everything goes right,we'd be watching Shining on that day.So that means a weeklong sleepless nights for me again.That's because the movie will scare the shit out of me.I saw the trailers and they're freakishly scary.Good practice before the semesters.heh.
So long.the week's been good and full.Have finished reading The Devil Wears Prada(my brain is still reeling under the impact of reading so many obscure/unheard of fashion labels),now I'll start reading The Magic Mountain by Thomas Mann.
Have a great week.Take Care.

This entry was posted on 10:58 AM and is filed under . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 high fives

Post a Comment