Posted by: Shreyasi Ghosh

It's 8 in the morning.I am just back from swimming.A lot of water went into my ears today when I tried back-paddling.I lost balance half-way through the pool and nearly drowned.Clutched somebody's shoulders and took her down with me!Turned out it was poor Shaili!She was furious though she pretended to be concerned.Back-paddling is a thing I am hopeless at.I can do freestyle,dolphin-stroke and all but never back-paddling.I was knocked out completely for a while.Inderjeet Aunty slapped me a few times to get the water out of the ears.She's so tall and hatta-katta that I felt knocked out again after being slapped.Wonder how Tanveer and Anupreet feel like if they're ever beaten up(I don't think they're ever.They're such nice and sweet little kids)
Tanveer is a 5ft 8".I thought she was in college and had a real babyface.Turned out she's just given her class 10 boards.I was so pissed at myself that day.It feels weird to have someone that tall calling you "Didi" and "aap" when you're like 5"! But she's a nice girl.She's been desperately trying to teach me back-paddling for the past 3 days to no avail.Deep down,she probaly thinks I'm a hopeless nutcase.But hah! I can swim faster and further in one breath than her! *gloats*. Another person I'm good friends with is Anupreet,her sister.She's a real sweetheart.We do our freestyle practices together.And often act like pros and try back-paddling,clinging to the iron rods for dear life! Also made friends with Pooja and two other girls whose names I don't know yet.For some reason,people think I'm a Punjabi! Some said it's because of my hair! I love to point out to these people that I am not tall.I'd love to be tall.But I am not.Some lady in the club started speaking to me in terrible Hindi that day.And I replied..pat..in Bengali.pure,unaccented Bengali.First reaction..."Oh! tumi ki bhalo Bangla bolo!!"...When I patiently replied that I am a Bengali,she was so surprised......"oh..tumi Bangali...ami toh chul dekhe bhablam tumi Punjabi...." heehee!
Swimming is fun.It's good to be back in the pool after such a loong time!And what's more,I drive everyday to the club.So that means more driving for me apart from the regular "drop-your-mother-at-the-dentist" driving I usually do.But Calcutta roads....man! (will elaborate on this some other day)
Au revoir.

This entry was posted on 8:28 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 high fives

Post a Comment