Posted by: Shreyasi Ghosh


How do you convince someone that though you don't really like something he/she has bought for you,it doesn't mean you don't like him/her or doesn't respect his/her decision to do so for you?..sounds naive no? this seems to be one of those questions to which I never find an answer.Okay,I like/love someone really really a lot.But that doesn't mean I have to like every single thing he/she gets for me.This doesn't translate to hypocrisy.or the opposite of gratitude(what is it?I have forgotten.).No.gratitude is not the word.It should be...i don't know what.But you get me right?

The thing is suppose someone buys something for you which you don't like.You cannot explain to him/her that you don't like it because that would be a very rude thing to do.So you smile and accept it.And then after sometime,you grow out of tolerance with it(not love/liking,because you've never liked it).And you hardly use it.(you're human.not a winged-and-haloed angel)Then the person who's given that thing to you accuses

you don't like it anymore....it's such a wastage......

which leads to

you have changed a lot...this reflects in your attitude towards life......

which automatically leads to

you want everything that attracts you....your generation is a use-them-and-throw-them type.It shows in your lifestyle.You hang out with someone today..then go after someone else the next day...you don't have mental peace....you're never satisfied.....when we were your age,we had less but we were happier..............

Dear people-who-say-this,

I'd love to point out that

1>yes,we the young-uns might be a high-spending demographic nowadays,but that doesn't make us shallow/unhappy/dissatisfied or something like that.

2>we don't change our partners because we're the use-them-and-throw-them types.we do because we definitely a more concrete reason that that. well,mostly.

3>we don't want everything that attracts us.

a) we are not rolling in cash.

b) we are not like that.

We indulge ourselves a lot.yes we do.And we don't think that's wrong,because we have only one life,and every single person has a right to be happy and enjoy it to the fullest.We don't consider living our lives in a complete rut a way to happiness and satisfaction.We think that it's an escapist mentality.

But we do know where to draw the line.We save and then spend.We do not treat ourselves as money-producing-and-spending machines.When we buy something that we like,it does not mean we go crazy buying everything that we want.And when we don't use something,it doesn't mean we have grown out of it.It means we never liked it much,but gave in due to certain reasons,foremost among them being behaving decently.I,for one,would never stop using something I really like.take it as you mean.

You expect me to like everything that you buy for me.You want me to tell you if I don't like it.You are hurt if I actually do so.You think I am another exponent of the 'fast-and-high-living' generation X(to quote someone........whatever that means..).You blame me for being so.And then when I make a slip and do something wrong,you accuse me.

That makes you nothing.But does that make me a hypocrite entirely?

This entry was posted on 7:33 AM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 high fives

Post a Comment