New shoes,puja smells,exam woes etc  

Posted by: Shreyasi Ghosh in ,

New shoes currently top my hitlist. They are a bunch of vicious objects, whose only aim is to create ugly painful blisters on your feet,which bleeds.And creates a gory mess while you hobble in pain.I was bullied into buying a pair of shoes last week.I didn't want to really.I'm way too much happy and satisifed with my old chappals which,in spite of being many months old,are in a very good condition! But Dida and Ma just won't take no for an answer and I was dragged to go shoe-shopping.

I adore shopping with Ma.But I detest shoe-shopping. Firstly,the shop rarely has a size that fits me(I have this very tiny pair of feet you see).But it's a matter of reputation for the shopkeepers,in front of the other customers.So they keep on saying..Boshun boshun...amra dekchhi.While I cringe in mortal embarassment.People stare.A few are brash enough to ask me subtley..tumi kon class e poro??..And I look away firmly from the onlookers and stare at my disgraced feet.

But coming back to new shoes,I have worn a pair of new red chappals for two days and lo! my feet are blistered and bleeding to no end.And I am walking with a slight limp now which I don't like.It hurts like hell.I wish I could wear a pair of kharams.Or go to college wearing hawaii choti.But Ma won't just listen to it.So I am advised to wear the new shoes,so that my feet get used to them and the straps come loose.I want to shoot them and throw them away down the drains of 8B. But then people will drive a bullet through my head and I'll be singing Another Hole in The Head(I should get an award for cracking the saddest pj in the whole world).

Puja is round the corner.The weather is brilliant with loads of bright sunshine,blue sky,occassional drizzle(not the kind of torrential downpour that spoils the pandal decorations and the mood as well),a cool nip in the air and a very happyhappy buzz. There's a distinct smell of the Puja season.Antara Chowdhury once sang...Pujor gondho eshechhe..I thoroughly agree with her.There's a very filling,warm,inexplicable but nevertheless happy smell of Puja.I had gone to Mamabari,minutes before writing this post.And I could smell it,feel it under my skin.Which kind of prompted me to type this rather random post!

What are all your puja plans? I haven't made any yet,except for Ashtami.Rest of the days,I am yet to figure out.Leaving for Rajasthan on the 17th.Meanwhile I have to study as well,which I'm not liking at all.And my feet hurts like hell! I hate new shoes.So long.Au revoir.Happy Pujas.

This entry was posted on 5:24 AM and is filed under , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 high fives

Post a Comment