"Egg"jamination  

Posted by: Shreyasi Ghosh in ,

I attended the Spanish class after what seems like a decade.

Sir asked me to translate....Kolkata is an ancient city in Spanish. I promptly said....



Kolkata esta una ciudad huevo.


Sir(looking up from the book): Ki bolle?....(what did you say??)


Me(scratching my chin and starting to look sheepish): Sir...Kolkata esta una ciudad huevo...


Sir(): Huevo???


Me(frowning):Sir huevo maane toh old. I meant to say Kolkata is an old city.....(Sir,vueho means old and I meant....you get it,don't you?)


Sir(sighing):It would be Kolkata esta una ciudad vieja..Kolkata city.So it's feminine.


Me(serious face):Okay sir!


Sir(writing on the board):Btw Shreyasi,oral er jonyo thik kore poro.Huevo maane murgir deem.....(Btw Shreyasi,study well for your orals.Huevo means egg)


I disappeared behind Miss Gopalan,my classmate.

This entry was posted on 7:09 AM and is filed under , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

3 high fives

1> I use the term "eggjams" all the time.
2>Am quite amused by the usage of the word 'Sir' in this post. Haha.

Is the amusement tinged with a hint of negativity? am bad at comprehending these stuffs.

Post a Comment